Flour - 2 cups
Yogurt - 5 tbs
Milk - 5 tbs
Baking powder - 1/2 tsp
Sugar - 1 tsp
Salt 1/2 tsp
Oil - About 2 tbs
1 tbs nigella seeds (optional)
- Add all the ingredients to a large bowl.
- Mix well and knead into a smooth dough. The dough should sort of be the consistency of playdough. If it is too sticky add a little more flour, or if it is too flaky and dry and a little more milk or yogurt.
- Once the dough is prepared, cover the bowl with a damp cloth and let it sit for about 30 minutes.
- Now divide the dough into small balls about the size of a lemon.
- Dip the ball in some flour and then roll it out into a round or oval shape about 6 to 7 inches in diameter or length. You can sprinkle some nigella seeds and roll them into the flattened dough.
- If you plan on making these on the stove top, eat a flat pan or skillet until is hot (about 2 minutes). Then add the rolled out kulcha and cook for about 1 minute on each side or until there are brown spots and the bread puffs up.
- Alternatively, preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Place the rolled out kulchas on a lined and greased pan and bake about 6 to 7 minutes or until kulchas have brown spots and rise.
- Serve warm with Chana Masala.