Core Spices and Flavorings -
1/2 tbs minced ginger or ginger paste
1/2 tbs minced garlic or garlic paste
Other Ingredients -
1 lb chicken, boneless/skinless and cut into inch squares
2 tbs soy sauce
2 tbs white vinegar
1 tsp ketchup
1/2 tsp salt
2 tbs oil
1/2 tsp black pepper
1 onion, thinly sliced
1 jalapeno, thinly sliced
1 tbs corn flour/corn starch
1. Mix the ginger, garlic, soy sauce, vinegar, ketchup and salt in a bowl.
2. Add the chicken pieces and mix well.
3. Marinate this chicken mix for at least 3 hours in a refrigerator.
4. Heat the oil in a medium pan in medium heat along with the black pepper for about 30 seconds.
5. Add the onion and jalapeno and let it cook for about 5 minutes or until the onions and jalapenos are soft.
6. Now add in the chicken along with the marinade and cook for about 8 to 10 minutes or until the chicken is done.
7. Add in the cornflour and mix it in well for about 3 to 5 minutes or until the sauce starts to thicken.
8. Serve with rice or Hakka Noodles.