2 cups corn meal
4 cups coconut milk
1 1/2 cups brown sugar
2 1/2 tbs grated coconut
1 tsp ground cardamom
1 tsp ground ginger powder
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a medium bowl mix together the cornmeal, 1 cup sugar, 2 cups coconut milk, grated coconut, cardamom and ginger.
- Pour the mix into a medium sized greased baking dish and bake for about 20 to 30 minutes or until the mix has set.
- Mix the remaining 2 cups of coconut milk and 1/2 cup sugar.
- Pour this mix over the baked cornmeal mix.
- Bake for an additional 30 to 40 minutes or until most of the liquid on the top is reduced and the cake looks moist.
- Let cool and serve.