Core Spices and flavorings -
1 tsp minced garlic
1/2 tsp ground cumin
Other Ingredients -
1 tbs olive oil
1 cup chopped onion
1/2 tsp ground chipotle chile pepper
1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
1 lb ground chicken breast
1/2 cup bottled fat free salsa
1/4 cup water
1/2 tsp salt
2 tbs fresh cilantro
1 tsp lime juice
4 (6 inch) corn tortillas
1 cup shredded lettuce
1 cup shredded reduced fat Mexican cheese blend
1/4 cup reduced fat sour cream
- Preheat oven to 400°.
- Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add onion and garlic; sauté 2 minutes or until onion begins to soften.
- Add cumin, chipotle, and cinnamon; cook 30 seconds, stirring constantly.
- Add chicken; cook 4 minutes or until chicken is done, stirring to crumble.
- Add salsa, water, and salt; cook 3 minutes or until slightly thickened.
- Stir in cilantro and lime juice; remove from heat.
- While chicken cooks, place tortillas directly on oven rack;
- Bake at 400° for 5 minutes or until slightly crisp.
- Place 1 tortilla on each of 4 plates; top each tortilla with 1/4 cup lettuce, 3/4 cup chicken mixture, 1/4 cup cheese, and 1 tablespoon sour cream.
- Serve hot.