Serving Size - 2
One 16 oz chickpeas can (drained)
1 small onion, finely chopped
1 cup of tomato puree
1 tsp ginger, finely minced
1 tsp garlic, finely minced
1 jalapeño, finely chopped
1 cinnamon stick
2 whole black cardamoms
1 tbs chaat masala (available in all Indian grocery stores)
1/2 tsp garam masala
2 tbs chopped coriander
2 tbs oil
- Heat oil over medium heat.
- Add the cinnamon stick and black cardamom. Heat until cinnamon stick swell a bit.
- Add onion and cook until golden brown (about 7 to 8 minutes).
- Then add the rest of the ingredients - ginger, garlic, tomato puree, jalapeño, chaat masala and garam masala and cook for about 5 minutes.
- Add the chickpeas and simmer for about 7 to 10 minutes or until the curry is nice and thick.
- Add coriander leaves and sliced onions on the top and serve warm.
Click here for KULCHA recipe.