- Limited use of fatty oil - Most Indian food, especially when we eat out, is laden with oils and creams. We try to limit the use of such ingredients without compromising the taste and flavors of the foods.
- Substitute healthy ingredients for non-healthy ones - Another effort we continuously strive to make is to avoid using unhealthy and less healthy ingredients for healthier options. For example - using whole grain flour instead of white flour wherever possible.
- Desserts can be relatively healthy too - We enjoy our desserts and work on making them as healthy as possible by limiting sugar, adding additional nutrients such as fruit, milk etc, and limiting fats such as butter.
- Variety - Variety is the spice of life, and we try to develop new recipes or alter existing recipes to continue to make food fun, flavorful and interesting without losing sight of our basic goals.
Below are some of our recipes that are prime examples of the healthy food that we stand for.
- Apple Sandesh Pie
- Chicken with Mint
- Panfried Okra
- Spiced Apple and Strawberry Cake
- Vegetable Kichdi
Happy healthy eating!!!