Mona, let's celebrate your birthday with an untraditional tradition - Bread Rasmalai. Happy Birthday!!! - Shalini
Cooking Time: 30 mins
Serving Size: 6-8 portions
Secondary Spices -
1/4 tsp Saffron
Other Ingredients -
1 lb loaf of bread
4 cups milk
1/2 cup sugar
1/4 cup oil
For the garnish:
2 tbs chopped pistachio
- Slice the bread and cut into 1 inch squares.
- Heat the oil and shallow fry the bread squares till they turn light brown.
- Boil the milk for about 10 minutes.
- Add in the sugar and saffron and boil for a further 5 -7 minutes.
- Soak the fried bread slices in the milk and transfer them on to a serving dish.
- Pour the remaining milk mixture onto the bread.
- Garnish with chopped pistachios and chill in the refrigerator for about an hour.
- Serve chilled.